accidentally updated iphone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by amstro2011, Oct 8, 2011.

1. amstro2011 macrumors newbie

Dear friends, I am in deep trouble. Please provide any valuable suggestions. I have an iphone 3G that I bought a year and half ago. It was on old bootroom and 3.1.3; jailbroken, unlocked and working perfectly.Yesterday, I left it connected to my PC and stepped aside meanwhile a message had popped on screen asking for update. My brother using the comp hit "update" since that's what most people normally do.
    Now I am stuck on the emergency screen logo. I have no idea what ios my phone is updated to and what baseband it has now. I cannot google and find a solution since I dont know what version of ios did itunes update my 3G to. Please suggest what I should do? I will be very grateful for any help. Thanks a million for your time.

2. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

It probably updated it to the latest iOS release compatible with your device, which is 4.2.1 using baseband 5.15.04.

3. amstro2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dear theDub, thanks for the reply. I would google up the jailbreak procedure. Would you know by any chance, what program I'd use to jailbreak it and unlock it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

4. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I advise searching for how to downgrade it (should be YouTube videos) to iOS 3 again. 4 is horribly slow on the 3G

5. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Honestly it's been over a year since I jailbroke my 3G and I don't even remember what tool I used. greenpoison maybe? Should be a pretty quick google search.
    I don't know anything about unlocking. My ATT phone works on ATT so I don't care about it.

----------

This is true. My 3G barely even works at this point. Thank God it's days are numbered.