Accidential deleting of songs

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
In iTunes all you have to do to delete a song from your iPod is just by hitting the delete button. Is there a way for iTunes to ask me if I want to delete the song? I have accidentally deleted song on accident before and it is a pain. :(
Can anyone help me out?

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
Um... you could try checking the "keep fingers off of delete key" box in preferences :rolleyes:

You might also try loading the songs back on to the iPod from iTunes.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Blackheart said:
Um... you could try checking the "keep fingers off of delete key" box in preferences :rolleyes:

You might also try loading the songs back on to the iPod from iTunes.

So you are saying that you have never deleted any thing on accident?

And the music on my iPod is not on my computer, I don't want to waste space on my hard drive. ;)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
How are you able to use iTunes to delete songs on your iPod if they don't exist on your computer?

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
sjpetry said:

So you are saying that you have never deleted any thing on accident?

And the music on my iPod is not on my computer, I don't want to waste space on my hard drive. ;)
Can't say I have.

I now understand your plight but I don't share your same incovenience of restricted hard drive space so I have no remedy to share.

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Lacero said:
How are you able to use iTunes to delete songs on your iPod if they don't exist on your computer?
It's simple just go to iTunes and you'll see "something iPod" on the right (it's the only way to delete songs off your iPod).

Attachments