Accidently canceled reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OrangeSVTguy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Well I accidentally clicked the cancel reservation in my email(I don't know how?) Didn't realize it until a tab popped up in FF that my reservation has been canceled. Called up my Apple store and she couldn't do anything to reinstate it.

Now I hope they have extra phones there. Guess I have to show up extra early now :(.

2. vbman213 macrumors 6502

3. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

EEK! OMG I'm sorry to hear that. :eek:

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I'm sorry to hear this. I think that link should either be removed, or put somewhere else, as you are not the only one who has acidentally done that. I hope everything goes OK with getting one in the store.

5. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

I guess it's my own fault. It's kinda ridiculous that there was no additional "cancel reservation" button on the webpage to confirm it. :rolleyes:

6. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

This happened to a few people already. I guess they are trying to reduce the amount of people in the reserve line by getting rid of the people who are even considering canceling their reservation (by clicking the link).

It sucks that this was an accident for you.

7. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I was scared of doing that on my email.... Maybe apple puts it in an easy to click place on purpose :rolleyes:

8. Gators Fan macrumors member

True enough: it is/was your fault. Good man for owning-up to the error. Proves the truth in the axiom of "Think twice so you only have to act once." As far as Apple building a safety net to prevent the hasty and the clumsy from making simple mistakes: fuggedah 'bout it!

Good luck with the iPhone 4 experience.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

I printed my confirmation e-mail out and hid the e-mail under a folder in my e-mail account. From what I hear, all it takes is ONE click to cancel. I'm definitely not going to risk it.

10. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Guess I should just stick to my T-Mo unlocked 2g iPhone then. I'm not standing in line for hours now since I no longer have my reservation.

11. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

The phones that have been reserved previously are most likely prepared to ship to each individual store. I would print out your confirmation email and go to the apple store that day and see if a manager would honor it in person. You never know how far you mau get.

12. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I printed out my confirmation email last year and all the lady did was look at it, but my name wasn't on the list for some odd reason.

13. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

pre-orders have been pushed back till July 14th, but Apple is still taking reservations.

if you cancelled your reservation, just go back and reserve another phone again.

14. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

To my understanding reservations are done everywhere. I could be wrong, but my local apple stores won't let me reserve - just attempted

15. elephunkman macrumors 65816

No reservations are being taken anymore

16. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

@ OP calm down man it's all good.

Me and another forum member called our respective Apple Stores and were told that, since a number of people recieved e-mails for reservations but weren't entered into the system, they will honor the email as proof.

Now I know some trolls are seething right now, yelling at my post at the top of their lungs , "Liar! Fake!", but I kid you not.

I didn't ask how or why this would work out nor is it any of my business as a customer, but if left to conjure up my own solution, I feel the best and only practical way to allow this is to let the reserved customers get their phones (and keep their stocks untouched), but allow those with reservation emails to stay in the "reserved" line and pick up phones from general stocks. This way, aside from an additional wait from people who arrived before, parties who reserved their phones are in no way injured by this move. I invite arguments against this, if possible ;).

But as you said earlier, you sir will be lining up extra early. The sooner the better has never been truer in this case. This move will allow us to stay in the "reserved" queue upon opening (if my theory is correct), but it will not allow us to waltz in at one minute before closing time and pick up a phone that no longer has our name on it, unless of course stock is for some reason still sufficient.
    But then...we wouldn't need reservations, would we?

I suggest you call your Apple store and see if they are offering similar service. Better yet, bring in your printout the day before and have someone sign off on it (manager or something), so if someone is misinformed on the 24th, you'll be waived through.

17. kevin4mph macrumors newbie

Call your Apple store. My friend did the same exact thing, called the store and they took her info and said they'll call back because it's been happening a lot. Of course I told her to call them back if she doesn't hear from them by Wed. I think every store may be handling it differently. I also suggest everyone with reservations to check they still have a reservation.

18. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

That does suck. But if you are determined and want to camp out I would go to an ATT store. Since ATT did not accept pre orders for in stiore pick up on the 24th, if you are one of the first couple of people in line you will get a phone. Might be easier, rather than waiting will all those people at the Apple store who have a reservation.

19. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

I didnt know this, so everyone going to ATT on the 24th will be walkins? thought you could pre-order.

(sorry didnt follow the ATT Store side of things)

20. elephunkman macrumors 65816

You could add me to your little group that called out apple stores. :)

21. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Yeah. ATT took pre orders only for people who wanted the phone shipped to their home on the 24th. Anyone who pre ordered fior in strore pickup will have to come in on the 25th. So basically all the people who will be camped out in front of ATT stores on the morning of the 24th will be there on a first come first serve basis. Well at least I hope those are the only people camped out on the 24th. Otherwise they will be dissapointed. :)

22. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

If you live in NYC i may have a reservation available. Provided, AT&T comes through on my pre order. Although I am not sure if these are transferrable.

I learned my lesson with the reservation one-click link thing with the iPad. I went to the reservation-only line anyway with a friend who still had a res. Once you are in the store, you might be ok. Did you at least print a hard copy you can take with you?

23. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

Ahh ok, thanks for that info. was scared i might get my head bitten off saying to "search the forums" lol. Anyways... makes me feel better about camping at an ATT store instead of an Apple store, ESP if I'm one of the first few in line.

Wish they would just post their iphone count on the door the night before so the people in line know if they are wasting their time or not.

I'm hoping for top 5. Should be golden then.

24. vandewey macrumors newbie

I did the same thing as the OP, glad to see i'm alone. I never considered the angle of printing out the email and just getting there a few hours ahead of time.