Accidently copied small files to Touch, opps.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by balwx, Jan 3, 2008.

1. balwx macrumors regular

Hi folks. I accidently copied some files (actually 50 or so), to my touch. When I view the 'about' setting in the touch, they show up as songs. When I view my music under 'songs & shuffle', I can see the files named for example 035_bokmetc.. & 050_ped_mf. I think I need to manually delete these. How can I do this? Thanks!

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

How did you copy? Seems like you would just do the opposite of whatever you did...SSH into your Touch.

3. balwx thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure. I cant see them in itunes only in the way I described. Is there a way to navigate the touch manually ?

thx

4. hecks macrumors regular

So, you didn't jailbreak your iPod? If not ... it's fascinating that you managed to get non-music files showing up in your songs list ... never seen that before. Anyway, I'd imagine that all you can do in this situation is restore to factory state via iTunes (yes, the Restore button :)) or in Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content.

If you did jailbreak, use MobileFinder on the iPod itself, or connect via SSH from your computer.

5. balwx thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks folks for responding. It turns out the files were listed in itunes at the bottom after my songs. I was able to delete them. Sorry for the silly question. Thanks