accidently deleted garageband

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SavageMac, Dec 5, 2007.

1. SavageMac macrumors member

Deleted garageband.app because I wasn't thinking....anyway to get it back? I checked apples website and nothing but an update for 10.5, assuming you had a previous version on the hdd.

i am using leopard btw.

2. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

You need your original installation discs, either that came with your system, or from buying an iLife update. Then you can just reinstall GarageBand from there.

EDIT: Also, if you have Time Machine enabled, you could restore it from there.

3. SavageMac thread starter macrumors member

sweet! thanks will do the OS disk because I dont have time machine enabled.

4. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

if you bought your computer and it came with leopard than garage band will be on your leopard installation disc... if you originally had tiger and upgraded to leopard than garage band will be on your tiger install disc... i'm assuming you didn't purchase ilife at some point as it would be simple enough as reinstalling garageband from your ilife install dvd

5. naftalim macrumors 6502

These forums are great. I had also deleted Garageband a while back and Time Machine restored it today right away.

6. mredpopo macrumors newbie

Yeah thanks guys, i didnt know iLife was on the Leopard install disks my Macbook came with, im still new to this Mac thing. Thanks!

7. John Fletcher macrumors newbie

I need help

Okay so I kinda had the same problem. I bought an iBook G4 on Ebay and when i got it it was running Leopard 10.5.4. Well it didnt have GarageBand. I accidentally erased the OS, formatted my HD and had to get Apple to put the OS back on. unfortunately they had to put Tiger 10.4 on. Anyway i got leopard 10.5.8 on from a dmg i had. And then messed up that HD too. So i bought 3 iBook G4s from a computer place for 15$ each! Broken/for parts or repair, 2 of them had Hard Drives :) Both with Tiger 10.4. Both had Login passwords. Got passed the passwords. Anyway they had GarageBand! but when I put Leopard on, no GarageBand :( Any way I can get it? Everything i see is an update. I am a hacker/coder and I can't even figure this out? Damn :( Its an ibook G4 PowerPC. 1.33 GHz. 1 CPU. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide. Oh yeah, if it helps. I have 1 Leopard 10.5.4 Install DVD and 1 Leopard 10.5.6? idk what i can do with those though.

----------

And heres an off subject thing. I am using AppResigner to resign my apps. But it asks for a signing identity. How may I come about getting/making one? Sorry this is in the wrong thread :eek: I read about making one with Keychain. but i get this "no such identity" or "object file format invalid or unsuitable" help?