Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
I accidently deleted iPhoto on my PowerPC iMac G5 running OS X 10.5.8. How can I reinstall without buying a new copy? I have my Leopard install DVD, but could not find it on there.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 28, 2010
located
Do you still have the grey Restore discs, that came with your Mac? If so, iLife is included on the second disc.

I guess you already looked into the Trash and you do not employ a Time Machine or other backup?

PS: iLife is NOT included on Retail versions of Mac OS X, only on the grey Restore discs or as a separate DVD.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Do you still have the grey Restore discs, that came with your Mac? If so, iLife is included on the second disc.

I guess you already looked into the Trash and you do not employ a Time Machine or other backup?

PS: iLife is NOT included on Retail versions of Mac OS X, only on the grey Restore discs or as a separate DVD.

Thank you, I had to put in the first disk and select install bundled software, select iPhoto, then put in the Mac OS X install disk 2 to finish the installation.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.