iPhone Accidently restored a jailbroken iPhone 3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kashoc1, Oct 14, 2012.

1. kashoc1 macrumors newbie

I accidently updated my jailbroken iphone and now it's stuck on the screen with iTunes logo and a usb cord?

I bought it on an online yardsale so my son could play games on it. The guy specifically told me not to press the update button on iTunes but I accidently did it. Is there anyway I can fix the phone? All it has is the picture of iTunes and a USB cord.

2. Nokaoi macrumors regular

One doesn't simply "accidentally" update wirelessly.

That being said. Did you buy it with stuff installed on it? Do you have iTunes installed on a Mac or pc? More than likely you lost the jailbreak and everything that was installed.

3. kashoc1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have iTunes on my PC and that's about it. Is there something I can download or am I SOL ?

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

The phone is in Recovery Mode

Try a hard reset, hold power and home until the phone restarts.

If that doesn't work download TinyUmbrella from here: http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.nl

Connect phone to USB

open TU and hit Exit recovery

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Mind walking us through how you "accidentally" update your iPhone?

6. kashoc1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, when I plugged it into iTunes it said I needed to update the software and since I've never had a jailbroken phone by habit I pressed ok or whatever the option was. That is how it happened. I'm not computer savy, just asking for help on how to fix the issue. Thank you guys for helping me :)

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Good to see newbs are still "accidentally" upgrading their iPhones even to this day.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Google "iPhone DFU," and follow directions to put the phone into DFU mode. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer. Then start iTunes, connect your phone, put it into DFU mode, and click "restore" button when it shows up in iTunes.

This will upgrade your phone to the latest OS avaiable for it, and remove the jailbreak.