Accidently ruined my SpringBoard strings

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cbirch2, Apr 24, 2010.

  1. cbirch2 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2010
    #1
    Hello.

    I tried to edit my spring board strings just by using WinSCP, dragging the file to desktop, editing the strings and moving it back to the itouch. i never converted to xml first, and now all my strings are gone. they just say things like AWAY_LOCK and SEARCH_BAR_PLACEHOLDER.

    i tried to download a new springboard.strings file but it did nothing.

    i downloaded erica utilities and terminal and tried to convert the file to xml to try to fix it using "plutil -c xml1 /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings" but it just said "file not found at path xml1"

    HELP! i want my strings back!
     
  2. cbirch2 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2010
    #2
    BTW im running 3.1.2

    i just tried "plutil -convertxml1 /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings"

    and nothing really happened when i hit return. no error message this time but nothing popped up saying it converted the file either
     

Share This Page