accidently Spilled water on my macbook(different case)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pureseptember, Dec 20, 2010.

1. pureseptember macrumors newbie

I know that there are few post about spiilling water on mac exist, but mine case is a bit different. I accidently spilled water on my macbook, just a small amount, just few keys is getting wet. I turn it off immediately, wipe it with tissue, due to I am almost late to the class, so i din't check it clearly. when i come back from uni, i found out that i din't unplugged the power adapter, i know that i am going to get in trouble. I try to turn it on, but my macbook have no response. After few days, i try to turn it on again, it works, but it is stuck at the login page, due to the keyboard is not working properly so I cant type my password. It only turn on sometimes but not everytimes. I went to apple store this moning, they have told me, it might be the topcase or logicboard problem. the topcase cost me 92 pound, and the logicboard is around 350 pound.I think it is a bit too much, insteed of fixing it, i rather to get a new mac if i have to pay around 400pound to fix it.

actually i am thinking to buy a logicboard or the topcase myself, but the problem now is, i don't know which part has cause the problem, the topcase or logicboard? is there anyone know about this?
    or is there anyone have any other suggestion?

p/s: my english is broken especially my writting skills. hope u all understand what i wrote.

2. pureseptember thread starter macrumors newbie

3. eman macrumors 6502a

Your English is good. It might be worth replacing the top case (cheaper than logic board) and you can look on ebay for a used one. If the top case doesn't work, you should consider selling it for parts. You might be able to plug in a usb keyboard and sign into your OS, as a possible solution.