According to this email ALL apps purchased are non-refundable?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SFStateStudent, Jan 25, 2009.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I inadvertently purchased an app that was a free developer demo and review thing, but Apple iTunes gave me the email listed below. Thanks Apple you just saved me $1.99 plus tax on a "one-time-exception":rolleyes: if I had known that I would have used it for that WebMD app for $169 per year...:p

Attached Files:

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Everything on the iTunes store -- music, videos, iPod games, and Apps -- has always been non-refundable, from the very first day that iTunes started selling things. Why should you be surprised now? Most stores don't even accept open-box refunds on software or game cartridges.

So if I understand correctly -- you purchased an app thinking it was supposed to be free and were charged for it, and they reversed the charge -- they helped you out and they were nice... I don't see how you can turn that around into a :rolleyes: thing.

3. deenybird macrumors regular

That's pretty crazy. Just about every store i can think of allows for returns. I can see :apple: changing this in the future...

EDIT: Geez, and for those wondering why we're surprised that a company would have this policy, re-read my second sentence.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Exactly... why should you be surprised now. Didn't you read the fine print before you purchased?

5. App1€ macrumors regular

They say its a one time thing, but I've gotten that same e-mail at least three times. Once for DeBlob which I just plain didn't like, and didn't want. One other time I purchased the wrong version of similar apps, and I don't remember the other. Anyway they are reasonable about refunds, but I'd assume it isn't to be abused.

6. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I can :rolleyes: because "I CAN!"

I can also :rolleyes: b/c I used my only "lifeline" or "get-out-jail-free-card" or my "one time exception" on an app that cost $1.99 plus tax (rhetorical statement, that doesn't actually require a response). I guess you had to be there, when I talked to Amy on the phone; she thought it was funny; maybe I'll stop using those "Smilies!"

7. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm surprised that you two are surprised! How do you two interpret that I'm surprised; by the question mark alone? By opening with a question, I'm addressing my topic or central issue, which is the email which states that I actually had a one-time-exception; so if there is any surprise to be surmised then it would be here, but I can only assume that you misinterpreted my point and that I didn't focus on my topic or issue. I apologize, and will cut down on my Smilies...

8. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

LOL... nah. mine was more of a sarcastic remark. No harm meant. :)

9. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

No problem, rhett, thanks for the reality check...*wiping brow and not using smilies*

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It is rather tempting to get one of the really expensive medical apps and then complain that I bought it by accident. But I think I know what they have well enough and don't really need them.... :eek:

11. Nabby macrumors regular

Use the shopping cart???

What I really like about the response is that is suggests you use the shopping cart so that you can review your purchases...But you can't use the shopping cart in the AppStore:p

What's up with that??

12. synagence macrumors 6502a

Yeah .... i noticed that ... they could be open to forced refunds for more apps since if you are logged in then all it takes is a "buy app" click

13. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

A while back, I wanted to buy the two hour 24 movie that was on TV. I accidentally bought the SD version which was $14.99. I then bought the HD version which was $19.99. After that, I emailed Apple and told them I accidentally bought the SD version and they had no problem refunding me the $14.99 as they could clearly see I bought the HD version also.

They do make exceptions, especially if there is something wrong with your purchase.

14. pogochamp113 macrumors member

I once got a song refund because it said it was clean, but it wasnt... got to keep the song too!