Account Issues Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sheppy1, Sep 7, 2010.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Hi guys, having a problem with my iTunes account here, I have taken a few screenshots and will try to explain it as best I can.

Ok so basically my main account is xxxx@googlemail.com (xxxx is where my username is), so I sign into my iTunes account in the settings menu as you can see in this screenshot - [​IMG]

So I open the App Store, scroll to the bottom and confirm that I am indeed singled in to xxx@googlemail.com as you can see in this screenshot - [​IMG]

But as soon as I try to update my apps or download any new ones the little pop up box that appears asks me to enter my password for xxx@hotmail.co.uk which is an old U.S account I made so i could download apps from the U.S App Store, see this screenshot - [​IMG]

I have not signed in to this account for months though and that was on a different phone, so I can't download any apps or updates from my UK account which is a bit of an issue as I buy a lot of apps. Anyone know what's wrong here?

Edit: The images don't seem to be working so I have just attached them to the post

Attached Files:

2. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Huh ok a bit of an update here. I can download new apps fine, when I go to buy an app it asks for the password to me @googlemail.com account which is my main account but when I try to update apps it asks for the password for my @hotmail.co.uk account, these updates obviously fail as when I enter the password it takes me to the U.S store (I live in the UK) and then tells me I need to buy the app first, this is obviously correct as the apps have been purchased through my @googlemail account and not my @hotmail account

3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Yep I actually can't install ANY updates as it asks be to sign in with that hotmail account, to install updates I have to remove the app and redownload it, not very convenient