Account name always on lower case

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Tamagotchi, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Tamagotchi, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016

Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

When entering an account name into the Account Name field, the Account Name is always converted to lowercase, either by navigating away from the Account Name field or when the user account is created.

Only way I thought to avoid this was to head to Users & Options, unlock the lock to make changes, right click on my current user, then advanced options and change the Account username and home directory from there... However after this I ran into all other sorts of problems...

I seem to recall that other Mac OS beta versions had this problem on their early stages?

EDIT: I just gave this another go. From the advanced options I changed my Account Name to, lets say, tamagotchi to Tamagochi. I also changed my home directory from /Users/tamagotchi, to /Users/Tamagotchi.

After this I was prompted to restart. Once my Mac had finally booted up, I didn't have access to some of my folders (documents, movies, etc.), and the home directory on my finder window was still in lower case.

On finder I pressed Shift+command+C to go to my computer menu, clicked my HD, then users, and here I renamed my home folder from the lower case to the uppercase version I wanted. I then proceeded to reboot my Mac again. Everything is now working, and my Account names and home folders are in upper case :D

2. !!! macrumors 6502

Right after I set up my new user account on my beta partition, I used
    Code:
    sudo mv lowercase_name Capital_Name 
    then went to System Preferences and fixed it there. Reboot and it works fine.