Account not verified

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by thunderbunny, Sep 9, 2011.

1. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Cannot log into iCloud at the moment, keeps saying username or password is wrong. This is on iPhone, iPad, mac and iCloud.com. If I go to iCloud settings it says that my account is not verified and to see my email for instructions (oh the irony). This is a migrated MobileMe account that was working fine up until last night.

Is this just me?

2. jockboy macrumors newbie

Whilst my problems aren't exactly the same, I've been having problems with iCloud and migrated me.com e-mail most of the day. Perhaps they're tweaking something- or we're victims of the California power outage.

3. Steeley macrumors regular

Steeley

Interestingly, I woke up to this exact problem this morning. iCloud was working fine on all my iDevices for a while and then this morning my mail program was telling me my password was rejected, I was getting an error screen on icloud.com, and in settings iCloud was telling me my account wasn't verified.

I only just now figured out the problem in my case - multiple AppleIDs.

I have an appleID for Australia, USA, UK and also one for my MobileMe address (now iCloud) - that makes 4 in total. The problem I found was that the primary and secondary email addresses for those 4 accounts were overlapping.

For example, my USA account's AppleID is email1@me.com. I used email1@me.com as the secondary email address for my Australian account, and so on and so on in one big mess.

The way I solved it was to delete secondary addresses for all my accounts (using appleid.apple.com) and changing primary addresses so they were unique and didn't double up with other AppleIDs.

I was actually short a few email addresses to make this happen so, because I have a gmail address, I started using myaddress+01@gmail.com and myaddress+02@gmail.com and it worked just fine.

For my iCloud @me.com AppleID I changed it's primary address to a gmail address as well. It worked fine. And when I verified (because it actually does send to gmail addresses) I was able to login again and it had remembered every little thing I had on it before - I lost nothing.

Maybe this is your problem as well?

4. thunderbunny thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

OK, I think I see what you're saying (due to an inexplicably large amount of lager and rose wine last night it looks very complex to me at the moment). I only have two apple IDs so I'm going to go and have a play. Thankyou for your suggestion :)

----------

It's not letting me change any email address changes for either apple id. I think Apple are trying to erase me completely.

5. ToddJ macrumors 6502

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

hi, did you you have any luck getting logged in again? I am in the same boat. Cant edit info at MyAppleID site either to try and verify email address...let me know if you find a solution. Thanks

----------

I cannot edit these secondary email addresses...the page refreshes but no change is made....some bug, and i tries 3 computers to do it....mac and pc :(

7. thunderbunny thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I can add secondary addresses but it won't save changes to my primary, which is my me.com address. And since it's sending the verification email to that I can't get in.

apparently the apple id's are refreshed or something on Sunday so will see tomorrow if there is any change.

8. ToddJ macrumors 6502

i was able to fix mine, but i tried so many different things i can't remember exactly the steps that i did to do it. I tried to verify my @me.com email address over and over to no avail. However, i then added an another email address and 'verified' that one. Once I did that, my me.com would work for letting me into iCloud again. My original problem i think was because i had my regular email address for iTunes (which had my @me.com verified to that originally) and then i had my @me.com address for iCloud. I believe that conflicted it...why it happened the other day out of nowhere i have no idea. ALthough i think it might have started after i downloaded iTunes beta 8.

9. youngsunnz macrumors regular

I am having the exact problem as everyone else and on my iPhone 4 which has the newest beta version it says "this iPhone is not compatible with iCloud" after i enter in my password for my me.com account.

10. jamr macrumors newbie

here´s a way around

So i was desperate and finally found a way around not being able to read my me mails.

First I went to the iPhone settings, and clicked to add account -- other -- add mail account; and then I typed my "me" info in, but as a me account not an iCloud one, afterwards, the system requested incoming mail server and outgoing.

Incoming host name: mail.me.com
    Outgoing: smtp.me.com

Afterwards, type save and it will be verified.

I know, you now have another mail account for this me, and it´s still annoying but it´s worse not being able to read messages, so until apple fixes this bug, i guess i´ll have to keep this other account.

Hope this works for everyone.

11. thunderbunny thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

It's come back to life.

----------

No interesting emails though :(