Account with my name on Caller ID?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blaunerts, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Ok so since Im a minor, is there any possible way that when I call people it will say MY NAME on their caller id's on (landlines) other than my dads because obviously the AT&T account is under his name :confused:

help plz

2. Waterpolo820 macrumors regular

The caller ID will show what ever that person has on their phone. Like if I call my friend and he has my number as Kevin B. it will show up as Kevin B... If I call my other friend and she has my number as K. Baradar then it will show up as K.Baradar....

Do you get it??

3. iPaul macrumors regular

4. lesliegolf macrumors regular

Not if he calls a home phone with caller ID. Mine shows up with my dads name on it when I call my dad at his house.

My understanding is you can call ATT from the phone and they will change it for you. I read that here on the boards and have yet to try it.

5. Blaunerts thread starter macrumors regular

Blaunerts

Thank you...
    I will edit my post now and specify that...

6. Waterpolo820 macrumors regular

Ooohhh, Then I don't know, you can call at&t and ask, or you can set it to withheld...

7. gibbz macrumors 68030

What about regular land lines?

I had this happen to me. If you go to the online account and choose My Profile, you will find a tab that says User Information. Scroll down to Primary User and change the name to yours. This should do the trick. Worked for me.

8. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

9. cWeems macrumors 6502a

cWeems

yes u can call customer service and get transfered to tech support they can change it in their system.