Accountedge accounting any good?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mark16q, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Mark16q macrumors newbie

I'm a CPA with most clients running PC quickbooks. However, now quite a few running it on the Mac, and they aren't terribly pleased with it. Now that I've got it on the Mac, I can see quite a few deficiencies between the 2 versions.

So a client will be getting me an accountant copy of Accountedge to review. Anyone here have experiences with it and comparisons to Quickbooks '07 Mac?

Thanks,

Mark

2. Mac In School macrumors 65816

The reviews are much better than Quickbooks Pro for Mac. Intuit software, in general, seems to blow on Macs.

I'm using MYOB's FirstEdge (my needs are simple) and it seems pretty good.

3. Badger's Friend macrumors newbie

Accounting Edge

We switched to Accounting Edge a year ago. We are multi users for an equipment sales company with hundreds of clients, 200 to 300 inventory items, full accrual system. The accounting department loves it. They especially love the ability to search based upon partial data.

Reports are a little detailed for our needs.

Support has been responsive.

4. Mark16q thread starter macrumors newbie

Excellent. My client is interested in MYOB and Accountedge, and glad to hear they're stronger than qbooks.

Qbooks on the PC is pretty amazing, but the Mac version just barely limps along in comparison. Too bad really, but hopefully Intuit will take mac's seriously soon. From talks with their technical support, they aren't too interested in such a small market share. I'm thinking they may be letting the opportunity of completely capturing a market get away.

mg

5. CRK17 macrumors newbie

Reveiw Update

Mark16q

Any update on the MYOB Accoutedge review? I have a small service business that I've been using spreadsheets to track cashflow but its getting too difficult to maintain.

I'm looking for software that can track cashflow, download bank statements to, develop invoices, mulitple accounts and handle Euros and Dollars. Anyone have any recommendations?

6. MyMac8MyPC macrumors member

When it comes to Macs, MYOB seems to make the best accounting software. They also make Checkout which is incredibly easy to and straight forward to use. Hopefully this is the direction that AccountEdge will be going.

:apple: