Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FloridaMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Destin, Fl
Is there any kind of accounting-type software for a Mac. Basically, all I'm looking for is a good software program to do a family budget; something along the lines of Quicken.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
If you plan to do your taxes, I'd get an accountant—you can get a lot more deductibles off then if you were to use software ;) (Of course that assumption is baseless considering this isn't tax season).

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
If you plan to do your taxes, I'd get an accountant—you can get a lot more deductibles off then if you were to use software

Whether or not one needs an accountant to do ones taxes depends soley on the complexity (or simplicity) of ones financial situation......

IF one has lots of complex investments, savings, retirement accounts, pensions, etc then yes, it makes sense.....otherwise it does NOT make any sense whatsoever to pay someone to do the same things you can do yourself.....basic reading, math calculations, filling out a few forms & sending them to the IRS.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.