Accounting software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by webspaceunlimit, Mar 29, 2009.

1. webspaceunlimit macrumors newbie

Our company has made the move from pcs to macs.
    Currently we are running a newtwork or powermacs and imacs.
    One of the things that is irritating me is the need to dual boot. In the UK we dont have quickbooks available for mac and most accounts software is windows based. I run my personal finances from quicken and again intuit pulled out of the uk market.
    So... here is the issue - to continue running the account on windows xp and dual booting the macs - no facility to upgrade the windows partition to version 7 when that is released as its unlikely to support the old version of quicken - yet I have records for both business and personal accounts dating back to 1995.
    Has anyone any recommendations on mac based accounts software that can read the windows based source files and import ? Or... am I stick with the dual boot and entry on two accounts packages till we have the necessary history?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You could use Parallels to run your software and avoid dual booting?

3. webspaceunlimit thread starter macrumors newbie

I did consider it - but still its a half measure and not a solid solution - running the accounts on mac is the ideal - failing that then I will just have to add a pc to the network for the accounts - that said I am still left with half a problem - quicken needs updating as its not vista complaint so means xp is still the most up to date windows platform we can use for the personal accounts.

Thanks for taking time to answer the post and the suggestion :)