accounts on OSX Snow Leopard quick question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shyam09, May 4, 2011.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

so i recently was browsing through some other Mac forums and i read somewhere that it is better to log in with a "non-admin" account constantly, because it is safer.. i can understand the "safe" part, but i have heard from friends that it is dangerous to have multiple accounts on because it somehow gives a higher chance of failure or something?

I myself am puzzled at this and i m sure that i can find some answer on this site!

thanks all!

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

It's ok to have multiple accounts, but I wouldn't worry about using an admin acct. Just have a good login PW and you're fine.

3. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

admin accounts can do far more destruction than managed accounts, but as long as the person(s) logging into the admin accounts aren't on a crash course or purposely creating havoc (such as deleting other admins, changing passwords, deleting OS files, etc) there shouldn't be an issue. If anything, start them out as managed with parental controls and see if they need to be an admin, or allow them to do certain things with parental controls