Accuracy of Apple Shipping Estimates?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UnluckyXIII, Nov 13, 2016.

1. UnluckyXIII macrumors 6502

Unfortunatley, since only purchasing my MacBook Pro last week I'm in the 4-5 weeks shipping group. It's the first time I've ordered from Apple as a "pre-order" or for an item that isn't ready to ship. How accurate are the shipping estimates provided by Apple?

XIII

2. hj576 macrumors regular

hj576

I ordered Macbook Pro w/o Touch Bar, base line on 1st november, It showed estimated date 9-11 November. Then the day it was shipped they changed it to 15 November, now that i have a tracking number, UPS says end of the day 14th November
    So not much in my case :p

3. UnluckyXIII thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha! Yeah that's what I was afraid of, if the date slips that close to Christmas I could end up having to wait into the New Year. My own fault of course as I didn't pull the trigger on the purchase when I should have, hopefully I get a lucky Christmas surprise!

4. Aeromech macrumors member

If you follow the main shipping thread though, it looks like a lot of orders are getting delivered 2-3 days before Apple's earliest day in the date range. Apple is giving one date and UPS is giving an earlier delivery date.

5. eldervovichka macrumors regular

Mine is getting shipped FedEx and it is currently coming the exact first estimated Apple date given. All the UPS orders it looks like are coming early. I hope the FedEx ones end up coming early too!