Accuracy of HRM?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by D1G1T4L, Apr 24, 2015.

1. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I know TomTom added some material to the sides of their cardio watches to help the accuracy of the mio like sensor. How well is the Apple Watch doing with the open design? How quickly does it respond to heart rate changes?

2. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I don't have anything to compare to. But I mowed the yard this afternoon and used it. I was trying to beat the rain so I was push mowing as fast as I could. Afterwards I checked it and it seemed what I would expect for how I feel. I used to run a lot and I have a Ironman watch I used. I forget which one. But I have monitored my heart rate a lot. So not a very technique answer, but also not my first time ever to check my HR for what its worth.

3. D1G1T4L thread starter macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Thanks for the response. The TomTom from memory was pretty good but then I tried a Fitbit with an optical HRM and that thing lagged pretty bad. The Fitbit was good for day to day activity but for exercise it lacked. Hoping the Apple Watch doesn't have this issue.

4. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Spot on. I've compared it to the machines at work. But that's while dormant. I guess it will depends on how secure it is during exercise. It should also be noted that even our iPhones are spot-on with the machines at work using the camera LED, camera lens, and Azumio app.

5. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

I was really close to buying a Surge. But after all the reviews I read I knew I wouldn't be happy. I am glad I waited and spent a little more. I don't mind having to charge everything. Never a fan of sleep with even my fitbit flex on. And the heart rate plus a few other things I might use will make it worth it.