Accuracy of shipping times.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GeorgeN111, Jul 21, 2012.

1. GeorgeN111 macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

I will be ordering the rMBP via Apple for delivery during my vacation in America due to the recent decline in shipping times, down to between 1-2 weeks.

At present the estimated delivery dates are between 3rd - 9th August for my hotel location. (Hollywood, CA)

Based on everyones delivery dates through experience, how guaranteed are those dates. Will I definitely receive the item within that time frame? I ask because I am at that particular hotel between the 10th and 14th so I need to know I can rely on delivery dates. Any time before is fine because the hotel will hold it, I have phoned them already regarding signing for the package and storing it etc. All is well in that regards.

Many thanks in advance,

George.

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

That's great for you. That means you have the same estimate as I do...and I ordered mine on July 5th. Apple has really annoyed me for the first time with this product!!

3. GeorgeN111 thread starter macrumors regular

I understand your frustration fully, it really is quite absurd. I just need to know whether I can actually rely on this delivery time frame though.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Not sure, when I ordered mine it said 3-4 weeks...and my date was exactly 3-4 weeks. A week later, the website said 2-3 weeks.....well my estimate was still the same, since it changed in step with my order....now, a week later, it says 1-2 weeks..and I still have the same estimate. So it seems like they are getting faster at producing....or a lot of people cancelled their orders and they are getting a stockpile. I'm just really annoyed that people are going to order theirs today and get it at the same time as I get mine.

I just called and complained about this and they changed my shipping from standard 5 day to 2-3 day...but that doesn't really make up for it IMHO...since I still have to wait a month for it to even ship out!

btw, when I said that's great for you....I didn't mean that sarcastically... I meant that would be great for anyone ordering now.

5. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

OP, I've generally found that Apple's shipping times are usually pretty accurate. If anything, they tend to ship earlier rather than later. Of course there's no guarantee right now, but I'd think you'll be ok.

While I understand that people are impatient with the long shipping times, it's not like it was a surprise. I could see being upset if Apple said it would ship at a certain time and it didn't, but that's not the case. People knew when they ordered that it would be several weeks before their computer ships. So, feeling impatient, yes...you want a new toy to play with. But being mad at Apple about it...why? They were honest with you about the shipping time.

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

It's not about impatience...it's about waiting 4 weeks, when every week that delay dwindles for new buyers. It is quite frustrating. I have pre-ordered items from them before and new when it would arrive....even tho its the same amount of wait I didn't get frustrated in the least. Because it was a pre-order. It was meant to be delayed. This item was just poorly handled....its a total crap shoot as to when it will arrive. It was a 1 week delay when it was released then a week later it went up to 5 weeks...then 4 then 3 now 2. You would think they would have planned for a big product need. It's not like this is the first refresh they have done!

I think it's just because this is the first non-upgradable refresh they have done. They are used to over charging for upgrades and everyone not being interested and ordering the base model. So they weren't prepared for a rush of BTOs.

7. GeorgeN111 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your help everyone,

also, I am going to phone Apple now as I have some questions I wish to ask them directly. I am in the UK at the moment, do you know how I would ring Apple USA from the UK.

----------

If there is no way I can contact the US Apple Store from the UK, could someone let me know whether I could cancel and ask for a refund if the order does not arrive in the set period?

If someone does know how to contact US Apple from outside of the US though, that would be great.

Many thanks,

George.

8. gentlefury macrumors 68030

1-800-MYAPPLE

is the number they give here...I'm not sure if that directs you to the US or if it is based on where you are calling from.

9. GeorgeN111 thread starter macrumors regular

I just phoned Apple and although they would ship to a hotel, I needed to have a US Credit Card.

I guess I will have to wait for some stock from Amazon or a third party Amazon seller.

I phoned Best Buy and they were hesitant to say that they would even have stock in the next two weeks due to backorders.

Amazon or eBay seems like my only hope right now.

10. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

May as well just go to an Apple Store while you're over there.