Accurate At&t iPhone sim lock checker

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Icircuit, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Icircuit macrumors newbie

Most online checkers for att iphone 5 are not accurate becuase they have not updated there servers. This one is free and accurate but is on the android market in the google play store, using an android phone search and download the app called IPHONE UNLOCK open the app there will be a button that says sim lock status, works for att iphones, app is free and tool is free, thought id share.

2. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

How can an android app, check to see if an iPhone is unlocked?

:rolleyes:

3. Icircuit thread starter macrumors newbie

It has a built in imei checker that is connected direct to an at&t server that runs outside the android system, try it out for yourself, if it works why not use it.

4. Idefix macrumors 6502

a newbie to the forums suggests something as controversial as this?

what are the odds that it's not malware?

5. Icircuit thread starter macrumors newbie

Its not controversial and not malware, for those that are interested in it you are free to try it, for those of you who are not you are free to move on, just sharing a free service. Malware apps on the official Android Google Play App store are non existent.

6. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

I'm not saying your app is malware, and I for one appreciate you sharing the info with us.

The above statement regarding the Play Store is simply untrue though.

7. Icircuit thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for this info, you learn something new every day, That I have known of only apps that require root access to your phone can be malicious, root is kinda of another word for jailbreak in iphones, I will retract my statement of saying there are no malicious apps on the market. I was reading further into this right now and apparently you can download a scanner from the market such as avast to scan your phone for malware. This app I speak of is clean, there are scanners to check and scan it.