ACD 24" issues.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by highertechnology, Apr 14, 2011.

1. highertechnology macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I sold my refurb 24" ACD on ebay and it was working perfectly. I packed it up and shipped it out.

A week later the guy that bought it said that the fan was not working and there is a red vertical line down the right side of the monitor. I filed a claim with UPS but they denied the claim, because, it seems to me they just dont pay claims and insurance is worthless. (They said it could not be proved the damage happened in transit, which I understand but WHY OFFER INSURANCE!!!!!)

Anyhow, I have an appointment with a "genius" tomorrow and was curious if anyone experienced this and what I should be expecting.

PS. The buyer of the ACD claimed he had another ACD and this is how he knew the fan was not running.

Thanks

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Yikes...sounds like one of those things that just happen and there's nothing you can really do about it. Hopefully it will work out for you.

3. highertechnology thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wanted to update this thread on my experience at the Apple Store. We plugged in the monitor and immediately the red line appeared. I had previously found 4 dead pixels so figured the LCD was the culprit.

The 'genius' agreed and pulled up my monitors serial number. 34 days OUT of warranty. *****......

They guy reminds me I did not buy AppleCare and tells me it will be a slap on the wrist and they will order a new LCD and replace it, AT NO COST. $661 repair.

I LOVE APPLE!!!!

So Ive decided to keep it once I get it back and use it as a second display on my 27" iMac. Going big, not going home.

Cheers!