Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audioteknika

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Simple question, I tried to find an anwser but without any luck..

Can the 13" MBP drive this display at 1920x1200 ?
Is there going to be a lag under Photoshop or Lightroom ?

Thanks !

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
specs_geforce_13_20090608.jpg

Graphics and video support

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory3
Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

typically found on http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs-13inch.html

The lag depends on the resolution of the images you work with.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Guess I'll be fine then.. I use a Canon 20D so 8mp pictures.

I have the 17" MBP with the 9400M and as it has the same resolution, I think you will be fine.

I use 12MP RAW images with LR and PS, and though it can be slow sometimes, it is more than bearable, and I'm quite impatient when it comes to computations.

reebzor

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I use a 24" acd with my 13" mbp everyday. It's awesome. I use photoshop CS4, aperture, etc with no lag. Could stand to be a little faster, but I chose to get the 2.26. Oh well. works for me

audioteknika

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I use a 24" acd with my 13" mbp everyday. It's awesome. I use photoshop CS4, aperture, etc with no lag. Could stand to be a little faster, but I chose to get the 2.26. Oh well. works for me

That's good to know ;-)
I just bought the ACD yesterday in the refurb section ! $700cad instead of $1000.. Pretty good deal !

Problem is that now I'll need a keyboard and the mStand.. that's another 150 bucks :-(

Should I get a magic mouse too or a Logitech Nano Rx will be ok ? I don't know if I'll miss the multitouch..

Cycom

Suspended
Mar 27, 2007
Commiefornia
That's good to know ;-)
I just bought the ACD yesterday in the refurb section ! $700cad instead of $1000.. Pretty good deal !

Problem is that now I'll need a keyboard and the mStand.. that's another 150 bucks :-(

Should I get a magic mouse too or a Logitech Nano Rx will be ok ? I don't know if I'll miss the multitouch..

MX Revolution all the way.

Sleepy Dog

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
UK
That's good to know ;-)

I have both the Logitech and Magic Mouse and much prefer the Magic Mouse due to its touch pad and bluetooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.