ACD 27" shipping situation in Europe

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Zapallar, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Zapallar macrumors newbie

So, US residents received their 27" Cinema Display weeks ago, UK followed earlier this month.
    What's the situation in the likes of france, germany or switzerland? Mine shows a shipping estimate of coming friday (10/15) ordered the hour it appeared in apples online store (germany) back in september.

I know bitching and whining about late shipping won't help speeding up the trucks though ;)

2. hsl macrumors regular

In the Netherlands:

[​IMG]

Ordered it a few days after it popped up in the shop,..

3. buzz-d macrumors newbie

I'm also in the Netherlands. I ordered at about 10:00 in the morning on the day it showed up. The order status page says it is expected to ship by 29 Oct, and will be delivered by 2 Nov. I don't know why this prediction for my order is so ridiculously late, compared to similar orders by others. I even gave the Apple Store a call, but they could not give more information. Perhaps it is because I ordered with a discount from the special online Apple store for the university where I work, or it might just be a glitch in the system at the time I ordered. Since the online store has been quoting 1-2 week delivery times for new orders since early last week, I am hoping my order will still show up in the same batch as the rest of the early orders from Europe, perhaps later this week or early next week.

The Apple online stores in the US, UK, Japan and Canada currently quote shipping for new orders within 24 hours, so there must be enough coming out of the factory right now to satisfy the demand there. I would think it is about time to start shipping to us as well.

4. hsl macrumors regular

Same here, Also with educational discount.
    I ordered it on:
    I think it's a glitch, i'm expecting mine to ship somewhere in the end of this week or beginning of next week. This because of the moment that they changed it to 1-2 weeks is almost 2 weeks ago.

5. buzz-d macrumors newbie

My order status has changed to "Prepared for shipment".

6. Zapallar thread starter macrumors newbie

Congrats!!
    My "cancel order" button has just been greyed out, indicating an imminent dispatch :cool:

7. Zapallar thread starter macrumors newbie

8. buzz-d macrumors newbie

Yes, mine has shipped as well! It will probably be delivered tomorrow.

9. hsl macrumors regular

10. hsl macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C5115c Safari/6533.18.5)

And the ups site tells me it's rescheduled to next week,...

11. racketeer71 macrumors regular

Denmark:

Ordered September 19.

Estimated:
    Shipping: October 19.
    Delivery: October 22.

Actual:
    Shipping: ???.
    Delivery: October 14.

I received the shipping notification from Apple about 5 hours after I had received the display.

12. Troy2000 macrumors regular

Troy2000

racketeer71, could you please post the results of this test? (or anyone who has received their display - let's see what Apple's quality control is like on these xD)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1021584

Thanks in advance :)

---------------------------------------------------

I placed my order last night. Estimated shipping Oct. 19th -- Ireland.

13. buzz-d macrumors newbie

Mine has just arrived, and it is a beauty! Definitely worth the wait.

14. hsl macrumors regular

Later in the morning the status changed again, and in the beginning of the afternoon it got delivered,.. and it sure rocks! :)

15. valmar macrumors member

valmar

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; de-de; Desire_A8181 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Did someone in Germany already get it?

16. uelef macrumors member

uelef

17. valmar macrumors member

valmar

I see,
    thanks for that info!

18. Zapallar thread starter macrumors newbie

Received mine on friday (october 15th)

19. Troy2000 macrumors regular

Troy2000

Mine arrived this morning. Simply put: WOW! :eek:

I've checked for yellow tinge, backlight bleed, and dead pixels in the panel/iSight. There are no dead pixels, and no backlight bleed. The backlight is VERY slightly uneven (slightly dimmer) near the bottom of the panel, although I don't perceive it to be yellow (unlike the 6-7 iMacs I went through), just a little darker-shaded. Nowhere near a problem for me, compared to my old displays (HP w2408h and Samsung T240).

In terms of image quality, it is incredible. Great contrast/vibrance. :)