ACD Adequate for Textual Work?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Val-kyrie, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Val-kyrie macrumors 65816

I am considering purchasing an ACD with a MBP fairly soon. Can anyone tell me how the ACD fairs when working with text for a long period of time?

My only concern is contrast. The displays seems fine to me in the Apple Store but this doesn't give me an adequate guide on how eyes fare with ACD during long long periods of use. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Platonist macrumors member

Platonist

I work with a lot of text (both my own in word processors and that of others in pdfs) and I have had great experiences with my two 20" ACDs. I tend to stare at them for 6-8 hours at a time, not always getting in my little 'breaks' like I should, but I still don't have headaches or sore eyes at the end of the day. I have used cheaper LCDs for shorter periods of time and had them hurt my eyes -- I am always glad to get back to my ACDs.

That being said, I have worked with a few Samsung screens for shorter periods of time and they seemed okay. I don't know how they would fare if you work at them for long periods of time, though.

3. Val-kyrie thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the response.