ACD Burn in

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Fearless Leader, May 9, 2007.

1. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Ok a series of events lined up that lead to something awful. I saw a clock screen saver on the forms a while ago and liked it. so I downloaded it. I was doing video editing before I left my powermac and 23" acd so I turned the brightness to max (normally its on lowest because its so frickin bright). And I changed my montior settings to never turn off.

Soo I leave for 10 days with my wonderful clock screensaver running in the same spot. (oh boy here comes the fun part) I exit the screen saver and what do I still see? the outline of the clock, the differnt numbers, and in the top left AM and PM in bottom left.

Did I just permantly damage my 1000$ investment?
    Can I un-burn-in the image by putting a white screen up for 10 days?

2. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

3. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

well it has sort of gone away, I cant read the am/pm or make out numbers. The shapes remain though when darker images are displayed. I used it as an excuse to play wow because I read somewhere moving images were good for it. I'm making a video in either motion or quartz composer that cycles through all the colors and will run that for a few more days.

4. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

An update, I've had the spectrum screensaver run for the past forever and it went away completely.