ACD Calibration

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Bern, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I have a MBP and a 20" ACD (bought yesterday). I calibrate my MBP using a Spyder Calibrator.

Yesterday I decided to calibrate my ACD using my Spyder. All I do is through System Preferences is relocate the menu bar from my MBP to the ACD so that the Spyder software will run on it and then run through the process of calibrating it. The only issue is that when complete it totally screwed the calibration on my MBP and if I recalibrate the MBP then the ACD calibration screws up. Should I just leave the ACD on it's default "cinema" calibration? Anyone know how to remedy this?

Thanks.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Although I haven't tried yet my thought process would be to calibrate one while using the book in clamshell mode and then calibrate the other while the ACD is not plugged in. This way each screen (which are both very different I believe) will have it's own calibrated screen.

Does that make sense?
    In other words, calibrate like you have two computers and two screens.
    Separate but equal.

3. Bern thread starter macrumors 68000

Bern

Thanks for that Jessica, but I worked something out. When using a Huey to calibrate it puts the colour profile into the user/library/colorsync folder, however the Spyder creates one profile which it puts into system/library/colorsync profile. Effectively when I calibrate each screen the previous gets overridden.

So what I did was calibrate the MBP then rename the profile (aka sypder2) to "MBP Calibration" and then move that into user/library/colorsync folder. I then calibrated the ACD and did the same but renamed it "Cinema Calibration". Then I go to System Preferences and chose the corresponding colour profile for each screen. Worked a treat.