ACD height adjustment

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
If ever there was an object example of Apple's ethos of putting style before substance, the ACD stand is it. Are there any solutions to ACD height adjustment without compromising the design? Something which is compatible with both 23 and 30.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Sesshi said:
If ever there was an object example of Apple's ethos of putting style before substance, the ACD stand is it.
An ethos further exemplified by the lack of adjustment on the iMac. The top of the 24" is so high that it's impossible to meet Apple's own ergonomic guidelines except with a bar stool.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Sesshi said:
If ever there was an object example of Apple's ethos of putting style before substance, the ACD stand is it. Are there any solutions to ACD height adjustment without compromising the design? Something which is compatible with both 23 and 30.
Any of these?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
skunk said:
Nice things to have on your desk, aren't they? :)
I wouldn't know... my little tiny 17" iMac is just the right height. I'd happily trade it to you for your 24" and a bar stool, though.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I say wall-mount the ACD(s).

skunk said:
An ethos further exemplified by the lack of adjustment on the iMac. The top of the 24" is so high that it's impossible to meet Apple's own ergonomic guidelines except with a bar stool.
How's the iSight on that 24"? Does it just show the very top of your head? :D

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Wall-mount & clamp stand not the best options.

I've just had a brainwave. Height adjustable stand with no moving parts. Must try some experiments during the w/end. even then would appreciate stand options.

petite

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2006
I think this is a good solution.

I've also got it and tried this setup. Works quite well and doesn't look awful like most other solutions. You can buy it here ;)

petite

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2006
skunk said:
But it's too high.
Ahhh. Okey... But how can the 23" be too high? Sitting in a lounge chair or something? I mean I am not a tall person, hence the name petite, and I even think the 23" might be a little higher up :confused:

Maybe I would understand it with the 30".

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
petite said:
Ahhh. Okey... But how can the 23" be too high? Sitting in a lounge chair or something? I mean I am not a tall person, hence the name petite, and I even think the 23" might be a little higher up :confused:

Maybe I would understand it with the 30".
It's the 24" iMac. The "chin" raises the screen to the same height as a 30".

petite

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2006
I prefer a more aural temporary stand. But surely crappy minds do think alike.
Haha! That is so funny. Like seperated at birth! Is that really your setup?!?

I should stress the fact that the setup with the book is not mine. I do have the same book (with a green cover) and tried this out... but it looked different since I have a tower connected to the ACD; not a laptop. But maybe I should connect my PowerBook to it and also put it on my iCurve - and I could join the club :D

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Yes, it is really the setup for the MBP. Currently the stylistic vibe it gives off is 50% Dell, 50% Apple. Since I surely have enough Dells lying around I would like to give this a 100% Apple vibe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.