Acd & Mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Croatian, May 5, 2009.

  1. Croatian macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2006
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #1
    Those of you that have an ACD and MBP, how often do you use your MBP (as standalone laptop, not connected to your ACD)

    I've got my self MBP and 2 months later i got a ACD, and in past 3 months i don't think i've used the MBP as a laptop not being connected to ACD maybe 2 weeks in total over that period of time

    Just a question, nothing more or less.
     
  2. macgrl macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    #2
    I don't have an ACD but use a 40 inch tv as an external monitor. I still use the mbp as a laptop, mainly in bed though:)
     
  3. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #3
    I also don't own a ACD, but I do own a dell 2405 monitor and find that I keep it plugged into the monitor about 80% of the time. The other 20% is divided between traveling, heck that's why I bought it ;) and using it in the living room while watching tv.
     
  4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

    ViciousShadow21

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    Location:
    To your left or right
    #4
    i disconnect my UMBP from the ACD quite often. but that is because i take it to see clients and various studios. since i work at my apt i am taking it all over the place for sampling sounds and things of that nature as well.
     
  5. halfbelgian macrumors member

    halfbelgian

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2009
    Location:
    Winnipeg, Canada
    #5
    Since mid-Jan. when I got my set up maybe an hour in total (and that's only to give the battery a workout once a week and do a monthly calibration). I always intended it to be a desktop replacement mainly, with the option of portability when the need arose.
     

Share This Page