Acd & Mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Croatian, May 5, 2009.

1. Croatian macrumors 6502

Those of you that have an ACD and MBP, how often do you use your MBP (as standalone laptop, not connected to your ACD)

I've got my self MBP and 2 months later i got a ACD, and in past 3 months i don't think i've used the MBP as a laptop not being connected to ACD maybe 2 weeks in total over that period of time

Just a question, nothing more or less.

2. macgrl macrumors 65816

I don't have an ACD but use a 40 inch tv as an external monitor. I still use the mbp as a laptop, mainly in bed though:)

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I also don't own a ACD, but I do own a dell 2405 monitor and find that I keep it plugged into the monitor about 80% of the time. The other 20% is divided between traveling, heck that's why I bought it ;) and using it in the living room while watching tv.

4. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i disconnect my UMBP from the ACD quite often. but that is because i take it to see clients and various studios. since i work at my apt i am taking it all over the place for sampling sounds and things of that nature as well.

5. halfbelgian macrumors member

halfbelgian

Since mid-Jan. when I got my set up maybe an hour in total (and that's only to give the battery a workout once a week and do a monthly calibration). I always intended it to be a desktop replacement mainly, with the option of portability when the need arose.