ACD, monitor arm, VESA adapter

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by entatlrg, Nov 24, 2009.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Has anyone had experience taking the stand off their Apple Cinema Display and replacing it with the VESA adapter part sold by Apple and then attaching it to a monitor arm.

If so, what brand of monitor arm are you using, how did set up go with the vesa adapter?

2. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

While not specifically addressing your question about the ACD, we have been having a similar discussion in this thread about arms for the new 27" iMacs that you may find relevant.

3. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I have both my 23" ACDs on display arms. They are the ergotron neo-flex monitor arms. I have the drilled into the desk, not clipped, so they are permanent.

I like it and recommend it. Its nice to be able to move them around, especially when changing your position in the chair. Leaning back feet up you can bring it closer, when doing a lot of internet searching you can put the screen 180 degrees into landscape mode and when I forget my glasses its nice to just be able to pull it close so I can actually read.

Take a look at monoprice.com. They have some cheaper priced but well liked arms for around 20-30 if I recall.

4. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I used the vesa plate to mount my 30" on my wall, it works great! I will get another apple vesa plate to mount my 20" acd using either an arm or wall mount.

5. entatlrg thread starter macrumors 68040

entatlrg