ACD - Not exactly b.l. bleeding, just weird?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by benmadrid, Apr 23, 2008.

1. benmadrid macrumors member

Just got my 20" ACD home, and notice that while backlight bleeding seems under control (using the black screen in dark room test), if I fill the screen with one normal color (mid-grey, bright red etc), the screen is slightly lighter on the left hand quarter of the screen. This doesn't show when I fill it with all black, just with normal colors.

As far as I can tell there are no dead pixels though. So it's the eternal question, to exchange or not? Should I expect totally even lighting across the screen when viewing normal colors? When surfing the web, writing emails etc it really isn't a big issue... but you know, one expects perfection...

2. benmadrid thread starter macrumors member

3. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Return it. Get a new one. It should be evenly backlit.

4. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

Agreed

5. benmadrid thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, that is just what I shall do tomorrow.

6. benmadrid thread starter macrumors member

Conclusion (sort of) to this thread, in case anyone is turns it up in the future. I sent back the first screen. Went to a store and saw another one had the same light bleed from the left on solid colors. Ordered another direct from Apple, which I am using now, and it has the SAME problem :mad:

So I'm thinking that if I see it on three monitors then it's got to be standard. I don't notice it during normal use and photo viewing so may just keep this third one... or send it back... pretty sure the next one will be the same though. A bit maddening considering the cash involved.... Any further thoughts welcome...