ACD power cord extension?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by james2002, Apr 19, 2007.

1. james2002 macrumors newbie

I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a 23" ACD and a macbook pro both on Ergotron arms. Great for moving the screen and elevating the MBP. The problem I have is the cords for the ACD are bundled together and so the cord from the screen to the adapter is very short requiring me to prop up the adapter so that I can connect the ACD to my MBP, I also have to be careful with moving the screen or I can knck the adapter off my desk. Currently i'm looking into a gefen KVM but I was hoping there might be an extension to lengthen the power cord.

Sorry if this is confusing, I would take a pic but my camera is on loan.

2. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

I know what you are talking about, I have a similiar issue with the length of the cord between the powerbrick and the monitor cable.

Havent come across an extension for it yet :eek:

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Ah yes, yet another one of the sacrifices you must make to put up with Apple's sleek design. No multiple inputs, no height adjustability, and of course a proprietary all in one cable.

Sorry, I haven't seen anything like this either (if you're talking about what I think you're talking about).

4. james2002 thread starter macrumors newbie

You both understood me correctly. I had a feeling this would be the case. The only options I have found is to use DVI, USB, and firewire extension cables and leave the power brick where it is. Another option I have been weighing is a gefen 4x1 KVM since I have three computers desktop, tabletpc, and MBP but those don't come cheap.

Thanks for your replies.