Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schado

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Currently on a 17" powerbook. I'm going to be getting a new MAC Pro in a few months unless something comes out between the imac and pro. A home system for surfing and playing World of Warcraft. I'm not sure which I will be better served with, 2x23s so can have game full screen one, other windows in other monitor or a 30". Granted with 30" unless full screen will lose some ability to adjust graphics in game. Anyone out there play? Any thoughts on which way to go? Interested in hearing, thanks!

Schado

Schado

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Re ACD 30" and WoW

Anyone have answer? assuming some wow or other gamers about. Perhaps couple with new 30" display?

thx

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
I'm curious too. The 30" would have to be scaled down, how would that look compared to the native resolution of the 23"?

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
you'd probably have to run at 1280x800 on the acd, which should, in theory, look just as clear as 2560x1600 but obviously lower res.
i dont think your pb's video card would run wow satisfactorily at 2560x1600 :/

chris y.

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
los angeles, ca
I played WoW for a few months on my ACD and it looked and ran great at the max resolution 2560 with all the settings on high. WoW isnt graphically intense so its one of the few games that can be easily run at full resolution.

As far as running in windowed mode I found it quite useful during the long breaks between the mob runs in MC, because it enabled me to chat or browse the web. I much prefer having one big display over two smaller ones but its really a personal preference that will vary between individuals.

Schado

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Chris - thank you for the reply. I am strongly leaning towards the 30" now :D

NYmacAttack

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2005
NY
I played WoW full resolution on my 30" ACD which I just sold. I can tell you its AMAZING. Granted I had it hooked up to my 7900GT. But with all setting on high its absolutely amazing.

Schado

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Why did you sell your 30" ACD?!!!:eek:

and thank you for the info im sold now!

NYmacAttack

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2005
NY
I sold it because I needed the money. If I could afford to keep it I definatly would have. People would come just to watch me play lol:D

Schado

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
ahh. ok and I hope all works out well for you! Thank you again!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.