ACD screen flicker

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Monkaaay, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Monkaaay macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

My 23" ACD has a flickering motion going on at times. It's almost like it's something behind the display and the flicker tends to be dark. Does this make sense to anyone? I'd really like to troubleshoot as best I can here rather than lugging this beast over to the Apple store.

2. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

That seems to be one of the most common defects of the 23" ACD. There used to be pages of complaints here about problems with the 23" that the 20" and 30" didn't have. There are still very vocal complaints about the 23" on Apple's support forums and the reviews on the Apple Store site.

3. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

4. Monkaaay thread starter macrumors 6502

Monkaaay

Sounds like I'll just have to take it back to the Apple store. Which really sucks when you think how much this monitor costs...

5. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

If you are within your 14-day return period, you might want to wait till Macworld on Tuesday to see if they announce new displays or not as well.

But yes, I'd return it for another one. It seems to be hit or miss with whether you get one that works.

-Kevin

6. peejack macrumors 6502a

I was going to wait until macworld for new displays, BUT when/if they do come they may be probs and i would want to wait for reviews AND they will still be expensive AND they don't come with extended warranty.

I thinking of going for the dell 24" with 4 years warranty free ;)