ACD Screen Persistence?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rokusaburo, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Rokusaburo macrumors member

Rokusaburo

Hey guys,
    I took my 23" Aluminium ACD in a week ago because it wouldn't turn on. They replaced it with a new monitor, which I go back a couple of days ago, although I've been having this problem, which I think may be LCD screen persistence, but I'm not sure.

Sometimes, especially when I'm viewing a gray background (like on a webpage), I can still slightly see parts of other applications, as if the foremost application is slightyl transparent. This reminded me a bit of the "burn-in" you can get with plasmas, so I did some research and found out about persistence.

What really frustrates me is that my old display was perfect and now they gave me this one which has this problem, as well as 4 stuck pixels.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, here's a photo I took of my display, showing a webpage with a gray background. It's a bit hard to see in the photo, but if you look closely, you can see the contact icons and names from Microsoft Messenger on the left.

Attached Files:

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

If you have problems, take it back - that's really all there is to it. Explain the issues, and that you didn't have it with your old monitor.

3. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Take it back, take it back, take it back.

You paid way too much for a display like this to have any persistence. I had the same issue with 2 ACD's I bought at Best Buy. Both went back. Finally ended up with a decent one from the Apple Store.

Do not take any crap from Apple on this. Don't get them to try to fix it. It's a bad display, and nothing will help.

Get a new one and aggressively test it to see if it's ok.

-Kevin

4. Rokusaburo thread starter macrumors member

Rokusaburo

Okay, so I took it in today and I should be getting a replacement before the end of the week. Here's hoping this one'll be fine.