ACD upgrade?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MXSkier62, May 31, 2008.

1. MXSkier62 macrumors regular

Hey,

What is the general consensus about an ACD upgrade? I have a macbook, a keyboard, and a mouse that I have accumulated over the past few years. Now I want to make my final transition to using my laptop in clamshell mode, but I don't have a monitor to go with it.

I want to get an ACD (cause they look SOO good), but the only problem is that it doesn't have a camera/mic. Does anyone think that they might upgrade that? Since they stopped making the isight, there has been no alternative to use for iChat video besides the laptops/iMac's camera.

Thanks for the input.

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

The only things the ACD don't have are:
    1. Height adjustment
    2. Camera
    3. Speakers

It would be nice to think that the next generation of ACD's would include these but I really don't think they will .. :(

3. CWallace macrumors 601

CWallace

It would be nice if it had a second DVI input, as well, so you could connect your desktop and laptop to it simultaneously and switch between the two.

4. MXSkier62 thread starter macrumors regular

so unless there is an upgrade, it doesn't seem that the ACD is a practical decision (seeing as the desire for a camera makes it difficult).

So would you recommend buying another monitor (if so which one - to be used a little for gaming but mainly for like word processing), and could an external camera work with iChat (and again, which camera)?