ACD with Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by poozer115, Feb 3, 2009.

1. poozer115 macrumors regular

poozer115

I have an old whitebook (2.16 ghz, second gen). I'm planning on buying a mac mini with an ACD within the next year, but dont want to spend too much money all at once. Would the old, non LED cinema displays work with my dated macbook? And would the same cinema display work with an updated mini (whenever they come out)? Thanks for any help, advice, and links.

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

It should. The older ACD uses a DVI input (if I'm not mistaken), so a Mini-DVI to DVI adapter should work for your MacBook. The new Mac Minis might have a Mini DisplayPort, so you may need a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter if it doesn't also have a direct DVI out, but again it should also work.

3. poozer115 thread starter macrumors regular

poozer115

Thanks for the reply. I heard that the Macbook's graphics (integrated intel, 64 mg ram) dont support the old ACD's. Is this true? Also, how is the longevity of the ACD. I'm planning on buying an old one, and keeping it for about 8 years, only switching out the computer it's running. Would this work? I'm only justifying my purchase by telling myself in the long run it'll pay off financially to buy quality, and keep it a long time...