Ace Combat Assault Horizon (PS3/X360)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Yellow 13, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Yellow 13 macrumors member

How the hell this does not get posted here? It's the best coming game of the year!

I will only post images sorry :(

If you want video, please go to YouTube and search for "Ace Combat Assault Horizon Trailer" (IGN's trailer is the original one, there's some extended parts. And other versions too)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FULL GALLERY -------> http://asia.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/acecombatassaulthorizon/screenindex.html

Btw, this isn't the first.

AC1
    AC2
    AC3
    (PS1)

AC4
    AC5
    AC0
    (PS2)

AC6
    (X360)

ACX
    ACX2
    (PSP)

well what do you think?

2. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

The game is great looking visually, but I personally don't care for flight games. The last game based around planes that I enjoyed was U.N. Squadron on the SNES. That game was awesome.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yeah, it looks nice but I'm a bit bored of the genre now. I loved Air Combat on the PS1 but I tried to get back into it with the newer games and eh, looks like I'm not missing out on much.

Joint Assault on the PSP looked brilliant and reminded me a lot of Peace Walker (probably my fave game of 2010) but it just wasn't fun to play.

4. Yellow 13 thread starter macrumors member

I agree with u, joint assault (ACX2 sukcs)

why?

-MOre "cheap" weapons
    -Difficulty does not work
    -Varcolac's design= giant dick
    -Varc sq members are *******s
    -a lot of nerfed planes

i play AC6 now, the best thing out there until AC AH

anyone wanna battle in AC AH?

ID: TK 421

5. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I this really awesome or not? I honestly can't tell... :confused:

For my flying fun, I will probably stick with WarHawk! :p

6. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I played AC4 to death when it came out. Haven't touch any others for more than 10 minutes when a friend happens to have one. Not sure why...maybe I burned myself out. I will give this a shot if there is a demo so I can say I at least tried it.

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

The demo is out now and played it. I was skeptical of the changes made and thought it was too much of a departure from Ace Combat( my favorite being AC5). But, I really do like it. The handling of the airplane definitely is more realistic than older Ace Combats.

8. Richdmoore, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

I have a barely used fight stick that was bundled with ace combat 6, I hope this game uses it, I am thinking of selling the stick to pair down my xbox collection.

Edit: I put this in the marketplace forum on macrumors if anyone is interested.

9. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Just completed the campaign. Best Ace Combat ever( that I have played). It's easily better than Ace Combat 6. The F-14 actually handles where in 6, it was a freaking dog. It also handles differently with the wings unswept where it really didn't matter if the wings were swept or not in previous Ace Combats. Dogfight mode is awesome. When you or an enemy is heavily damaged, the aircraft isn't as stable anymore. The planes actually flares when you land.

Solid A from me.

10. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

May have to pick up a used copy to play through and then return. Only issue would be finding time to sit down and play.