Acer 24" 1920x1200 - Any reviews?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jasper2k, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Jasper2k macrumors newbie

Does anyone have the Acer 24" Model X243Wbd panel? Any reviews?

This unit is advertised at Office Depot for $279 - not a top-end S-IPS / S-PVA panel, but also not a top-end price! I need a widescreen panel for office use only, not Photoshop / reference color work, so a 6-bit TN is fine, and this price is great!

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this unit - reliability or otherwise. At this price ($130 off!) I'm tempted to just buy it / try it.

Thanks! :)

2. teamdelfano macrumors member

I have the Acer 22" Model AL2216W, it's a great monitor, I use it with my mac mini. I'd recommend Acer highly!

3. David G. macrumors 6502a

My Dad bought a 19 in. Acer display that had two stuck pixels. Then again, it was obviously resealed and then taken back to the store and was priced reduced a fair bit before he bought it.

4. mStyle macrumors newbie

Acer X243Wbd

I just picked up the Acer X243Wbd as a second monitor for my MacBook Pro; so far I am quite pleased.

Reviews were favorable; performance sounded good, and the price was the best I have seen for a large resolution monitor (X243Wbd is 1920 x 1200 native).

Microcenter carries it for around $330 (it was $300 last week).

The only negative I have is that the color doesn't match the MBP internal display *perfectly* (I have not tweaked the color profile, and I probably won't even bother trying). In all honesty, it is a much better match than either of my pro-graphics CRT monitors (a ViewSonic and an IBM) so I'm not complaining.

Bottom line: I would recommend it (and I might buy another on myself).