Achievements tab not working

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sixxmum, Jun 17, 2015.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

In the activity app, nothing is working on my achievements tab (it shows I have none), even though going into individual days indicates that I do. Anyone else? Ideas? It's not a big deal, but I'm curious.

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

3. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Yep. I'm onto the "have you tried turning it off and on again" plan. :) No luck. I can see the screen with the badges, I just never get one even if I meet a goal.

4. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Well, I also tried unpairing and starting over, but because the activity app on the phone retains some information even when you do that, it's still not working. Hmmm...

5. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

In case anyone else is running into this issue. I spent an hour on chat with Apple yesterday and another hour today with no luck. I felt like if there was a way to wipe the activity app and then put it back and start over, it might work, but they weren't into that option. Maybe it just isn't possible.

Last night, I erased the iPhone and restored to a backup from 2 weeks ago (the only time I've thought my iPhone's failure to regularly back up on the automated schedule was a plus). After a brisk walk today, I got the first achievement badge. So, the problem seems to be fixed. Now I just have to resync all my media to the phone.