Aching for a new macbook...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jjahshik32, Apr 18, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I want a macbook and to me the mba is just too under powered.. BUT I want an led screen on the macbooks.... I cant wait for the next updates in june..

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

The MacBook display is not bad at all. I compared my MBP display against my MacBooks and the only major difference was the MBP was a bit brighter. Colors are almost identical and everything is just as sharp and clear. Either get a MBP or a MacBook.

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

The MBA isn't underpowered. It's only real weakness is the small HD. Otherwise, a MBA is as good as a MB in every way. A few hundred extra Mhz. is NOT going to matter in the long run. RAM and graphics cards will.

But yeah, if you can, definitely wait until June. They're gonna release lots of new stuff, and you can make your decision then.

4. windowpain macrumors 6502a

If you have a macpro at home I would think the air is a great choice. Sure its not as fast as the macbook but it isn't exactly slow. It leaves any G4 laptop for dead. And many many people still use them.

Like Beric said, all its lacking is a bigger HD (and maybe a few ports).

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

And lets not forget the mba is really geared toward the traveler - smaller and lighter for a reason.

6. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

yeah ma dad has the mba and i have the mb (specs below) and the only real differences in speed are boot up and sometimes a few seconds on opening apps. Other than that...its more powerful than people may think. When you have 1.6ghz on a vista machine...its slow. but its different with OS X

7. marvel2 macrumors 6502

The MacBook viewing angles are crap. Apple needs to add LED to the MB line.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I doubt an LED backlight is going to cure the viewing angles of a TN screen. That said, I like the screen on my BlackBook just fine. I'm actually surprised at how good it looks in brightly lit settings. Now the glossy thing, that's bad. Not as bad as I thought, but still not my favorite.

9. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

LEd doesnt make the viewing angles... its the crappy TN panel..