Ack - Battery is draining much more quickly on 3GS after 3.1 update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emhan98, Sep 22, 2009.

1. emhan98 macrumors newbie

I did a quick search of the forums and found the OS 3.1 "coma" issue, but not this battery-drain issue, so I would really appreciate any help from you guys!

I have a new 3GS, 16GB, updated to OS 3.1. For the past few days (seemingly all of a sudden), my battery drain has been QUICK. It drops maybe 8% every hour, even in standby.

- I don't use it for music.
    - It doesn't seem like any of my applications would be running without my knowing.
    - I turned off Bluetooth, Wifi, and Notifications. (but I still have 3G on, always have without problem).
    - The screen goes off as it should after no activity.

But still, for some reason, just in the past couple days, it's been draining quickly. I thought about any new apps I downloaded, but I can't see any problems there.

Is this a 3.1 issue? I thought it was supposed to increase battery life? Do any programs have issues running in the background?

Thanks for the help!

2. emhan98 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah thanks - oddly reassuring that everyone is having this issue.
    Appreciate the link.

3. svndmvn Guest

What about push/fetch? Try removing apps with push notifications, at least for a test. And 3g wastes your battery in standby, just turn it off when you don't need fast data..

4. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

Turn off your Location Services too.

I turned that off yesterday on my iPod touch and noticed the battery lasted way longer than before.