ACMT certification

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jvlog, Aug 19, 2008.

1. jvlog macrumors member

Alright, so a short introduction. i am currently studying to become a ACMT to work at ether the genius bar or one of the hand full of places locally that service macs. I have bought Desktop and Portable systems 3rd edition from peach pit presses' apple training series after hearing it be highly regarded compared to apple' "apple care technician training" i feel i am retaining the knowledge pretty well, and i am a good test taker. but am still a little cautious about taking the os X troubleshooting test because the main focus of that book is hardware trouble shooting although a decent amount of software info is in there.
    So what i want to know is if anybody out there who has read the book feels that the book, along with general OS X knowledge, covers what is needed to pass the OS X troubleshooting test or is there another book or resource you would recommend. I can't find another book in the series on that particular test although there is one for the os x support test.

any advice or tips for the tests would be appreciated or just basically what to expect

p.s. idk if this is the right place to post this, if it's not any admin feel free to move it to a more appropriate section

2. jvlog thread starter macrumors member