Acqlite Slowing down computer a lot?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by An0nym0us, Feb 12, 2011.

1. An0nym0us, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

An0nym0us macrumors newbie

I recently downloaded the application "Acqlite" and i feel as if my computer and the other computers on my network have been MUCH slower. At first i thought it was just me being impatient, then i did a few speed test and i was WELL below what my expected internet output was to be. So i then investigated and the first thing that came to mind was "Acqlite". I found a review on cnet

"by icoNick on January 13, 2011
    Pros: good search results
    Cons: Leaves your connection open and you'll get MANY requests to connect from other computers; even after quitting the app.
    Summary: If you have Little Snitch installed on your system, launch this app and you'll see what I'm talking about. Had to block all incoming connection requests and then uninstalled Acqlite. Cabos is an alternative that hasn't given me the same issues."​

that stated that acqlite lets way to many people download files from your computer hence the slowing down in my speed. I don't mind people downloading while i have it open, but if its happening after i quit the application that's what worries me. I was wondering if there was any truth behind this statement, and if this is the problem will uninstalling it solve the issue or do i need to do more than that.

2. An0nym0us thread starter macrumors newbie

used AppCleaner to remove it. hope that works. :\

Also does anyone know a p2p that is so well written for mac? was thinking cabos?