Acquisition Confusion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GuyInTheBack, Aug 31, 2008.

1. GuyInTheBack macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

So I've been looking for a mac p2p (torrents just plain suck when it comes to finding obscure tunes and the likes).

From my research around the web, Acquisition seems to reign supreme. But I'm confused about the fee. How does it work exactly? Do I have to pay to install it or do I get a free trial period?....Or is it one of those conscience pays, where you contribute when you're ready?

Sidebar: Acquisition or Xfactor? What's the difference? Both are compatible with iTunes....

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Acquisition does not require you to pay
    But I think it gives a message when you don't

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. GuyInTheBack thread starter macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

4. GuyInTheBack thread starter macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

bump/update:

I installed it for free but it doesn't seem to be giving anything in terms of search results or connection.

5. garbagedisposal macrumors newbie

in the same vein ...

I'm a long time acquisition user. Or at least I was until the app stopped returning any search results. This has been an ongoing problem since about February of this year that has followed me through two separate computers running tiger and leopard respectively. Acquisition shows that I'm connected, but doesn't return a single search result. Trouble shooting connections doesn't help. Deleting the app and starting from scratch doesn't help. Waiting for new builds doesn't help. I'm at a loss. I've followed the various discussions on these forums about others with similar issues over the past year and attempted any and all reasonably proposed solutions to no avail. Strangely, Xtorrent works fine.
    What can I do? Any ideas?

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Try Cabos. Simple but effective. I used to use Acquisition too, but when it gave me the same problem I went looking, and Cabos has been the best.

jW

7. garbagedisposal macrumors newbie

Appreciate the recommendation. I'll get to trying it out this weekend. But a quick question. Know the reason for the troubles with acquisition?