Acquisition email help... please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by klb028, Jun 27, 2007.

1. klb028 macrumors 6502

Someone I know from school suggested me to use Acquisition to download single songs as it is like Limewire, but much better. Torrents weren't really working for me so I wanted to give it a try.

I downloaded it, and nothing would work. I tried searching 3 different things and nothing would load. His worked because he paid for the program. I was getting tired of everything so I figured it wasn't going to kill me to pay the $20 bucks for it and an extra $8 for free upgrades. It was my first time buying software online, basically.

Everything went fine until it took me to the "Success!" page... I looked at the email address I entered and I missed a letter! So, my confirmation email was sent to the wrong person. I actually tried signing up for that address just to see if someone had it and IT'S TAKEN! What are the chances? I was freaking out... not knowing what to do because I don't want to lose $30 and have someone have all of my information and possibly take my Acquisition from me, you know? I emailed the guy they gave a link for in case you have tech merchant support. I emailed him telling him my situation and then to tell him that the email address I accidentally entered was actually in use. I even tried emailing that email address in hopes they checked their email/were nice people and email me back my information.

This was all last night around 11 PM, and I still have not received any emails back from anyone. It's going on 11 AM here now and I go to work at 12. Whenever you activate your Acquisition purchase, you enter your email address. I'm assuming you need your confirmation # too, and I have that because I have still not closed the "Success!" page.

Do you think I can try to activate the app using the wrong email address and confirmation # I have? And, is there a way to change the email address once I have activated it?

Please help!

2. Queso macrumors G4

LOL. So you want us to help you illegally download music?

No shoving at the back there. Form an orderly queue to assist.

:D

3. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

What? I bought the program... right now I'm just focused on everything being fixed.

4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

You should be more worried that the confirmation e-mail sent out to this unknown third party either contains personal information or is somehow traceable to your IP address.

5. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

^ That's what I meant by "just focused on having everything fixed"...