Acquisition/Java using 16TB of VM?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by woodsbridge, Oct 24, 2008.

1. woodsbridge macrumors newbie

I was well aware that Acquisition uses Java for the underlying limewire, but 16,777,216 TB of virtual memory? Activity Monitor showed the paging file jump from, well nothing, to a couple GB in about 10 seconds after opening Acquisition.

OSX ground to a halt. Watch out!

Attached Files:

• aq.jpg
      aq.jpg
      File size:
      138.3 KB
      Views:
  2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I've seen this on my system, but I'm not using Acquisition. I spotted it when I was troubleshooting what I thought was a Mail Act-On problem, which turned out to be Mail going loopy because of having an email in my Inbox with a large attachment. Deleting the email fixed the Mail problem, and I haven't noticed the VM problem since.

3. MickG macrumors newbie

MickG

Did you ever find a solution for this? I haven't used Aquisition for some time, and recently did yesterday and got the same wacky 16TB of virtual memory. I finally quit Acquisition and it went away, but it's weird. Think they'll be an update to Acquisition soon?

Also having the crazy syslog gone wild and would love to know what's causing that to go nuts too. Wondering if that's related too.

:confused:

Thanks!

Mg