Acquisition Not Connecting

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Loudwater, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Loudwater macrumors regular

My Acquisition has been unable to connect for more than a week. I am a paid user and was using 2.1; now updated to 2.2, still not working. :mad:

Is anyone else who use Acquisition having the same problem? Thanks.

2. timothy632 macrumors member

3. sconnelly macrumors newbie

4. drunkun.munky26 macrumors newbie

drunkun.munky26

5. Loudwater thread starter macrumors regular

Darn... Thanks for the info! I'll miss it for sure as well - especially since I paid for it... :S

Thanks for the recommendation. Guess I'll have to try that out...

6. PerkyinNC macrumors newbie

Same problem as you describe...

I too purchased Acquisition 2.1 for 2 household computers and neither are connecting. From everything I've read, we're just sh#% out of luck. Has been down as long as Limewire's down... :-(

7. mixmasterg macrumors newbie

Acquisition not working either

My Acq also doesn't work paid for download and lifetime upgrades but no luck...started a resolution from PayPal but no word yet...e-mailed guy who admins Acq but no answer I'm feeling pretty ripped off!! tried the app that has been listed here for another p2p service but seems pretty bad so far

8. sconnelly macrumors newbie

It's not Acquisition's problem. A court pulled the plug on LimeWire and their servers which effectively brought down the network that Acquisition used.

9. robadobalobanob macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and after hours of trial and error this finally worked for me.
    In Acquisition go to Preferences/ Network/ Connectivity and set Gnutella port to 6346.
    Then go to Preferences/ Network/ Proxy server and make sure the "Use a Proxy Sever to Connect" box is NOT ticked.
    Good luck