Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thorsykes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Vancouver BC
i recently had to dl all my programs again as my hd crashed. lesson learned i now have a backup. i had the #s and codes to re-dl them without having to pay again. now acquisition, which was perfect before, wont automatically dl a torrent. it does nothing. i dont know what i must have to change. the first time i clicked on a torrent file the mac said there was no program to open it. i clicked choose app and then chose acquisition. it wasnt highlighted at first so i chose to see all apps and then picked it. it will dl from within the acquisition search but i want to from other sites. please help. thanks.

If you download a torrent file and "Get Info" (right click on the file) under the "Open with" tab make sure that Acquisition is selected. Also, click the "Change All" button to have Acquisition be default application that opens torrent files.

Now for the opening automatically, I believe that is a preference that would have to be set within Acquisition.

Thorsykes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Vancouver BC
If you download a torrent file and "Get Info" (right click on the file) under the "Open with" tab make sure that Acquisition is selected. Also, click the "Change All" button to have Acquisition be default application that opens torrent files.

Now for the opening automatically, I believe that is a preference that would have to be set within Acquisition.

thanks for the reply but i checked what you said and it already says acquisition and the change all wasnt selectable as its already the default (i guess). any other ideas. i looked through all the settings within acquisition and dont see anything that might correct it if changed.
?????????????help.

Thorsykes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Vancouver BC
i have now tried downloading another program, transmission, and same problem. i think it knows where it has to go but it just wont go into the acquisition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.